Life Practice Program
InterPlay Seattle offers the Life Practice Program on a yearly basis starting with The Secrets of Leading InterPlay Workshop in September and continues with monthly gatherings through May. Sharie Bowman, Harriet Platts, and Steve Condit will be leading the 2013 Life Practice Program. This year’s schedule will include:
- The Secrets of Leading InterPlay Sept 19-22, 2013 (Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon)
- Monthly Gatherings held on the 2nd Saturdays of the month October, 2013 through May, 2014, except Dec. will be the 1st Saturday: Oct. 12, Nov 9. Dec 7, Jan 11, Feb 8 , Mar 8, Apr 12, May 10 (9:30 am to 4:30 pm).
We meet at Queen Anne Christian Church in Seattle. More about the InterPlay Life Practice Program
When we explore InterPlay through the Life Practice Program it moves us from:
- an ethic of work, work, work to an ethic of play
- loneliness to community
- being stuck to finding creative solutions
- fear to empowerment
It is a perfect accompaniment to other spiritual practices. For these reasons graduates of the program often consider doing it again!
The real genius of InterPlay is how it fosters healthy community and reaches across the boundaries of race, culture, gender, and religion. InterPlay’s potential for stimulating social change is why over 700 people in India, Brazil, Australia, Germany and the United States are leading and sharing it with others.
What Happens in the Life Practice Program?
- You’ll practice the easy-going “five recommended daily requirements” for health: to move, tell your story, have your voice, make contact, and just be.
- You’ll explore how to use tools like easy focus, noticing, and witnessing in everything you do.
- You’ll have chances to play with your concerns and move toward your dreams with the support of an affirming community.
- You’ll learn to use eight, core InterPlay practices to shift from stress to grace at home, in relationship and at work.
- And you’ll get to do all this while taking care of yourself and honoring your limits and gifts.
InterPlay’s practical, effective, health-making tools are used by people of all ages–teens, kids, elders, and mid-lifers. Therapists, clergy, educators, activists, non-profit leaders and coaches incorporate InterPlay in their self-care and work practices. (Course meets the qualifications for 100 hours of continuing education credit for MFT’s and/or LCSW’s as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.)
Come immerse yourself in this active, creative approach to unlocking the wisdom that YOU hold in your own body. Learn ways to enhance individual and community life using forms that inspire and ignite personal transformation and social change with surprising ease.